If you are interested in a career at Morphic please submit your CV below.
Description and Responsibilities
Morphic Therapeutic is currently seeking a highly-motivated individual with extensive drug discovery leadership experience and strong scientific background to lead the fibrosis discovery research. The candidate will design and implement program strategies for anti-fibrotic therapies, and work with a cross-functional team to identify high-quality drug developmental candidates. This candidate will oversee a group of PhD and non-PhD scientists providing scientific and technical leadership to improve disease understanding and drive novel drug discovery in the fibrotic disease area. The candidate should be a fast-learner and highly results-oriented, possess critical and strategic thinking ability, have excellent communication skills, and collaborate effectively with both internal team and external collaborators.
Ph.D. or MD degree in life sciences with a minimum of 10 years of drug discovery experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrated track record in the drug discovery programs and delivery of drug candidates into Development, preferably through IND
- Extensive discovery project leadership experience (target validation, lead identification and optimization) with the ability to define strategy and work effectively across multiple teams
- Broad knowledge of drug discovery processes (including screening strategies, pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, medicinal chemistry or biotherapeutics, pharmaceutics/CMC, toxicology) and industry best-practices
- Experience of fibrotic diseases or related therapeutic areas (e.g. cardiometabolic diseases) with knowledge of in vitro and in vivo models utilized in the fibrosis research.
- Exceptional managerial skills with proven ability to mentor and grow employees to promote scientific excellence, and to lead by example to encourage collaboration across teams to achieve the company objectives.
- Proven track record of fostering creativity, productivity, execution with a sense of urgency, teamwork, accountability, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Experience in establishing and managing external collaborations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Morphic Therapeutic is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that maximizes our employees’ development and achievement goals. We strive to treat each employee as an individual, as we seek to foster a spirit of teamwork to help change patients’ lives. In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, a 401K and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.