If you are interested in a career at Morphic please submit your CV below.
About Morphic Therapeutic
Morphic Therapeutic is a privately held Discovery stage company that leverages cutting-edge insights from Tim Springer’s Harvard/Boston Children’s lab on the structure and biology of Integrin receptors. Morphic was created in 2015, and raised $51.5M in 2016 from top tier investors. Integrins are involved in multiple disease areas, including inflammation, fibrosis, vascular diseases and cancer, and inhibitors are clinically validated. The combination of Morphic’s deep Integrin expertise with your skills will enable a rapid path to novel and effective drugs for both orphan and blockbuster indications. Morphic’s laboratories are located in the AstraZeneca BioHub in Waltham, MA. We seek a highly talented and motivated scientist to join our culture of teamwork, craftsmanship, tenacity, compassion, and integrity!
Morphic Therapeutic is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate in Biochemistry and Structural Biology. The successful candidate will be responsible for expressing and purifying proteins of the Integrin family for use in downstream applications such as assays, structural biology, and biophysical characterization. The position will be part of a multi-disciplinary team at Morphic, working together towards transformative small molecule therapeutics for autoimmune and fibrotic diseases. A strong knowledge of biochemistry is required, lab experience in the areas of tissue culture and protein purification being preferred.
- Design and execute experiments to support research activities and project goals
- Responsible for generating and characterizing high quality protein samples for compound activity profiling and protein crystallography
- Maintain mammalian tissue cultures and laboratory equipment
- Work within a multifunctional team and collaborate with multiple groups including Biology, Chemistry, and Pharmacology
- BS/MS in biochemistry/biophysics/molecular cell biology or related discipline, with 2+ years of research experience.
- Experience in protein expression and purification
- Experience with AKTA chromatography systems, SDS-PAGE, and western blot.
- Knowledge in basic tissue culture techniques is a plus.
- Knowledge in X-ray crystallography and structural biology is a plus.
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of scientific principles, experimental design, and proper laboratory techniques
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
Morphic Therapeutic is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that maximizes our employees’ development and achievement goals. We strive to treat each employee as an individual, as we seek to foster a spirit of teamwork to help change patients’ lives. In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, a 401K and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.