If you are interested in a career at Morphic please submit your CV below.
Description and Responsibilities
Morphic Therapeutic is currently seeking a Research Associate or Senior Research Associate with strong in vitro and in vivo skills for fibrosis research. The candidate will work cross-functionally within the organization to contribute to the areas of immunology, fibrosis, and oncology. The candidate is expected to be multi-tasking and able to execute complex experiments with strong attention to detail under supervision. The candidate should be highly motivated, creative and flexible, possess strong experimental and technical research skills, have excellent communication skills, and collaborate effectively in a team environment. The responsibilities of the candidate include but are not limited to:
- Perform standard procedures in live rodent models
- Perform ex vivo sample analysis
- Establish in vitro cell-based assays independently for anti-fibrotic compound evaluation
- Design and conduct mechanism of action studies for targets of interest
- Analyze experimental results and accurately extract information from the data for presentations to peers and management
B.Sc. degree with a minimum of 3-5 years or M.Sc. degree with a minimum of 1-3 years of industry or academic experience in pharmacology, physiology, pathology or related field.
Required qualifications and skills:
- In vivo skills including routine animal handling, dosing, and relevant in vivo assays
- Proficient with necropsy
- Cellular biology and cell-based assays
- Ex vivo sample processing and analysis
- Demonstrated ability for multi-tasking and high productivity
- Fast learner and show curiosity in new techniques
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Familiarity with rodent models of immunology or fibrosis
- Experience in survival rodent surgery is a plus
Morphic Therapeutic is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that maximizes our employees’ development and achievement goals. We strive to treat each employee as an individual, as we seek to foster a spirit of teamwork to help change patients’ lives. In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, a 401K with company match and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.